Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Select and Install a Drupal Module of My Choice

[IRLS 675 Unit 5 - Assignment 2/5]
After adding and configuring the selected Drupal modules as instructed in Unit 5 – Assignment 1, I spent quite a bit of time browsing through the available modules with distributions for Drupal 6 (Assignment 2). I thought I might want to use the Tagadelic module but decided that it wouldn’t really fit with the style/atmosphere of the UA Historic Photos collection – too “messy”. I considered some image-related modules. The PicLens module is really cool but I suspect that it’s too complex for me to download and install at least given the time (or lack thereof) that I have for this. Finally I decided to download Google Analytics. The download process went smoothly but when I got to the Site Configuration page in Admin for Google Analytics, I ran into a dead-end with the Google Analytics account number. Since my Pfander Drupal site is apparently not accessible to the WWW (at least with the IP address), I couldn’t get a valid URL response from Google. I’ve probably forgotten the URL or whatever that would be acceptable for the Google Analytics registration page. At this point, it's late, I"m tired and so far behind in everything...I’m going to put this on hold and keep moving on the assignments, etc. and maybe come back to this assignment later.

No comments: