I had a pretty easy time this week setting up the graphical environment on the server VM, installing the Webmin graphical administration tool and adding users. No major problems. I've read through the various posts on the Activity open discussion forum and some people were having some real difficulties. It makes me think that if everything has gone so well for me, maybe somethings wrong! But maybe I paid my dues on the stress front in Unit 2! (I should be so lucky!?) I felt pretty lonely and left-behind then, but from some of the posts I see that perhaps I wasn't the only one.
In any case, I took a slightly different approach to getting the work done this week. I confess that I didn't try to get all the readings done before doing the step-by-step installations, etc. on the computer. I just carefully followed the instructions and as far as I can tell everything worked out. Now I'm going back and catching up on the readings. (I still have a few from Unit 4 to catch up on also!)
Pre-installation vm versus manual installs
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment