To continue my whining... In addition to not being able to boot Ubuntu from CD, I haven't been able to login to UA CBT from home. I've been back and forth by email and phone with UA CBT/UITS staff (and also the VCT help staff) on this. The latest word is that UITS is going to re-set my password and they'll get back to me. I'm still waiting to hear from them about that. In the meantime, I'm going to go as far as I can with the free sections of the Linux tutorial on VCT.
I'll also read the other tutorials on Linux, the shell and commands but without having Ubuntu to practice with on my workstation, the benefits will be somewhat limited.
Nevertheless, I'll do what I can. Persistence! Courage!
Pre-installation vm versus manual installs
17 years ago
1 comment:
Don't forget that you can practice all the command lines at the server prompt. And although it is not what you intended, you can, for now, use the ubuntu you installed as dual boot for practice as well.
Post a Comment