A friend was describing a recent dive trip he took. He went by himself to a resort and signed up for a dive trip. They were going to do drift diving where the group goes down and drifts along the reef and the boat, after dropping them off, goes to the pick-up point. Apparently this guy has a lot of problems clearing his ears (also apparently he didn't have a designated buddy) and it took him a long time to get down to depth and by the time he did and drifted or whatever, when he came up to the surface there was no boat in sight! Fortunately another dive boat came along and took him back to shore.
I'm feeling a little bit like that diver - left behind because I can't keep up with the group. I can't get past the boot from CD step (Assignment 1). I've tried all kinds of things. I've made sure the BIOS has the CD drive before the hard drive in the boot sequence. I've tried booting up the CD in different drives. I've even re-burned another Ubuntu Desktop disk. Nothing works. Bruce says maybe somehow I've installed Ubuntu on my workstation and its trying to do a dual-boot or something and I'll have to remove Ubuntu and restore the Windows Master Boot Record, etc. etc.
Perhaps the OSCR lab (or the Geek Squad company?) will be the dive boat that picks me up? I guess I'll find out.
I have a headache. :-}
Pre-installation vm versus manual installs
17 years ago
1 comment:
Jeanne, as I diver myself I was taught that no one ever goes down into the water alone (always have a dive buddy for backup) so be rest assured you are not alone, we'll be here to make sure the boat does not leave without you
Post a Comment